Sunday, April 16, 2017

Other Things to do in Sydney (Part 3)

Here are some extra things that I would like to add on to the list which didn't quite make top ten.


1. Watch a musical, play, stand-up comedy, etc.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I watched South Pacific at the Opera House! I also managed to catch Grease at Sydney Lyric Theatre and The Lion King at the Capitol Theatre.


Oh, and I have to recommend the hilarious comedy called The Sexual Awakening of Virginia Poppycock at Seymour Centre (located in Chippendale near Victoria Park). Obviously the show is not suitable for the young and those who do not have a dirty enough mind for sexual jokes.

We went to The Comedy Store for some stand-up comedy and it was only $10.

Also, my roommate and I attended the Taylor Swift Red Tour Concert at Allianz Stadium!


Log on to Ticketmaster to look out for upcoming events in Sydney and plan your time wisely!


2. Golden Fang

A Chinese restaurant located in Chippendale, Golden Fang is the best place for delicious, authentic Chinese food that is served in huge portions. And I really mean huge. If you order for one person you wouldn’t be able to finish it. Best to go there in a group!



3. More shopping @ QVB, Westfield and Central Park Mall

Queen Victoria Building and Westfield are located in the city centre while Central Park Mall is in Chippendale. Hmm… there’s T2 Tea at QVB, luxury brands at Westfield, and… Daiso at Central Park Mall (Daiso can also be found in Chinatown). As you can see I’ve nothing much to say about these places. Just shop till you drop!


4. Sydney Olympic Park

One of the shipwrecks you can find at Sydney Olympic Park.

If you like birdwatching, shipwrecks, and mangroves, this is the ideal place for you.


I felt as if I was in some fairytale, making my way to some evil witch who lives in a mangrove swamp.


5. Parramatta

Parramatta Park

I visited Parramatta twice: the first time was to visit the Old Government House at Parramatta Park and the second time I went there after my examinations by myself because there was some Sci-Fi Collectables Fair at the Town Hall.

Parramatta Town Hall all ready to celebrate Christmas

I didn't buy anything there in the end. But it was fun to look around.

After visiting Old Government House, my friend brought me to Cabramatta to celebrate Mooncake Festival. There was a mini amusement park with rides and game booths and food stalls. Time to have fun and eat some mooncakes!

I love this cute purple ribbon hairband thingy!


6. Manly Beach


Accessible by ferry (from Circular Quay). We visited Manly as part of our orientation or something. I honestly can’t really remember. Didn’t do much there (just took silly pictures at the beach and had some fish and chips) but I’m sure there are loads to do!

Okay that's it for now. So it's your turn to get out there and

No comments:

Post a Comment