Friday, May 18, 2018

Italy and Malta Trip (Day 4): Rome


The last morning at Hotel Olimpia. Out of the three hotels we stayed at during our trip, Hotel Olimpia was my favourite. Their breakfast was wonderful and and I love how grand everything looked.


After checking out, we took a train to Rome and arrived a little later than expected. No more canals and isolated streets. Rome was crowded and full of buses.


Checked in at Augusta Lucilla Palace. The room was obviously much smaller than the one we had at Hotel Olimpia, but we were in the capital after all. 


We headed back to Roma Termini and had lunch at Mercato Centrale, or more commonly known to Singaporeans as the food court. I had a burger and some fries, while John had ramen. It looked and tasted so good that we went back and I had ramen for dinner that night! Yum. Then, we journeyed to Romeow Cat Cafe!


There were colouring books and colour pencils on the table. Some university students (I think) later entered the cafe and started colouring in some of the books. I guess it makes sense to relieve one's stress by visiting a relaxing cat cafe and seek solace in art. We ordered a beverage each but we did not know that his drink would come with biscuits and mine with nachos. Since we just filled our stomachs, we could not finish these snacks!


If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain... (It rained a lot the next day, but I'll save that for the next post)


Like most cats in cat cafes, the cats were not that friendly and most of them were just chilling in their own boxes, beds or cat trees.


Having been to cat cafes in Singapore and Australia, my boyfriend and I were veteran cat cafe visitors. I have also been to cat cafes in Taiwan and South Korea. Although the staff did not brief us on the dos and don'ts regarding the cats, the rules are the same everywhere. Don't disturb or irritate the cats, don't carry the cats, and absolutely no flash photography is permitted. 


By the time we entered the National Roman Museum, it was dark! Sadly, we did not have enough time to look at all the exhibits. Both of us were impressed by how there were never-ending rows of artefacts. There were countless statues of Greek gods, emperors, soldiers and commoners. The artworks displayed depicted religious scenes, myths, battles, and animals. 


Unfortunately, we had to whiz past most of the exhibits. We stayed until the museum was about to close. By then, all we could do was just glance around. We poked our heads into the basement and briefly looked at the coin collection there before heading out. 

Back at the hotel, my boyfriend and I watched Ed Sheeran perform on television and played with the adjustable bed. We were just fiddling around with the remote control for the television and we found another one that was for the bed! It was so fun to control the bed and it reminded me of the night I had to stay in the isolation ward at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital last year. The doctors thought that I had tuberculosis when I actually had pneumonia. But that's another story for another time.

11 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. multi level cat tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... dog house for two dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. best dog food for hyperthyroidism

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks no pull harness for large dogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! cat car travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. good quality cat food

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. What to Do if Your Dog has an Ear Infection

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Learn more

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Read more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Food for Sick Dog With No Appetite

    ReplyDelete